Lizzie Miller | Plus Size Glamour Model

No Comment - Post a comment

Lizzie Miller shocks readers as she decided to pose semi nude with her stomach not photo-shopped so she can tell women it is ok to feel comfortable in their skin. Glamour readers are in a big surprise over Glamour Plus Size Model Lizzie Miller thrilled to spot a photo of a model — nude and confortably smiling as she bared her bod on the magazine's September 2009 issue. Her ‘natural’ body is her only weapon that made people crazy to learn more about her. This set is a lot like those Campaign for Real Beauty that started in 2004.

The 20-year-old Lizzie Miller, a size 12-14 and not even technically “plus sized,” but her curvy shape matches the common body image of Glamour magazine avid readers. These fashion mags give women a gold standard when it comes to beauty.



One reason magazine publishers often give for using extremely thin women as models is that it’s what the public wants and they’re just responding to consumers – that in fact people won’t buy magazines that have models with more realistic body shapes.



The 20 year-old model couldn’t be happier with people’s reactions and her fan mail, saying,

“When I read them I got teary-eyed! I’ve been that girl, flipping through magazines trying to find just one person who looked a little bit like me. And when I didn’t find it I would start to think there’s something wrong with the way that I looked. When J. Lo and BeyoncĂ© came out and were making curves sexy, I started to accept myself more. It’s funny, but just seeing them look and feel sexy enabled me to do the same.”

 

This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment